Thursday, August 7, 2008

For the people in Jammu Part 2

Friends,

Thank you so much for your tremendous response and commenting on my first post. This has really encouraged me to take up blogging more regularly. Unfortunately I have been neck-deep into work this week and am not able to put something substantial into this post. But apart from a hundred other items, I am adding another blog post to my list of to-dos over the weekend (those working with me know this. These days my standard response to any fresh piece of work or a query is, "I will do this over the weekend!"
I just read through two articles on Hindustan times, one by Prof.Amitabh Mattoo, one of the better-known and highly respected academicians in J&K, and another one by Mirwaiz Omar Farooq, the Chairman of the moderate faction of the APHC (All Party Hurriyat Conference). Read through the two articles. I personally found Amitabh Mattoo's solution as the most logical while Mirwaiz as usual struggles with words to justify the stand the APHC has been taking. Read through the two articles:

Link to Prof.Mattoo's article:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=49c777eb-6b1c-49c8-9db3-92eb2b54f2d4&ParentID=ad00c103-87f0-4b16-8b4b-e1d590b8afc5&MatchID1=4728&TeamID1=2&TeamID2=3&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1191&PrimaryID=4728&Headline=I+suggest...HT+forum


Link to Mirwaiz's article:
http://www.hindustantimes.com/storypage/storypage.aspx?id=49c777eb-6b1c-49c8-9db3-92eb2b54f2d4&ParentID=ad00c103-87f0-4b16-8b4b-e1d590b8afc5&MatchID1=4728&TeamID1=2&TeamID2=3&MatchType1=1&SeriesID1=1191&PrimaryID=4728&Headline=I+suggest...HT+forum

In addition, I have also started a community in orkut through which we intend to push for a separate state of Jammu. Those interested may join. I've just started, so am currently struggling to build up a sizeable membership base before I start thinking about next steps. Here is the link to the community:
http://www.orkut.co.in/Community.aspx?cmm=49935020

I guess it is also time to move a bit away from politics. In my next post I will be sharing some tales from my visit to Galle in Sri Lanka last week.

Thanks for reading through this.

No comments: